.NET Ria Services

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:32 AM
.NET Ria Services have a solution that would also work with WPF.
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2009 at 5:03 PM
.NET Ria Services is interesting.
However, we needed a solution that worked back in 20007 ;-). This still works today with technologies available today.
I'll look at what more from Ria Services can be retrofitted in this tool.

Thanks for the pointer, I had seen emails passing talking about it, but didn't take the time to look it in depth.
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM
You can check Mix talks of Nikhil (t41f) or Brad Abrams (t40f). I reckon .NET Ria Services and this project have different objectives and still in 2009 this remains relevant and not only because RIA Services is beta and don't even work in WPF currently, but also because it can be too much and probably up to a point where we can loose a bit of control on our object models. Anyway, it's still worth checking it, specially considering the point where it match, generating classes for DataBinding. Something that got my attention is thei interfaces they implement (IEditableObject, INotifyPropertyChanged, IRevertibleChangeTracking, IChangeTracking), while this project implements INotifyPropertyChanged and optionally ISupportInitialize and IChangeTracking. A possible enhancement to the ViewModel Tool might be to implement IRevertibel and IEditable

Thanks for providing this tool. It's really valuable :)